As an MD with a Ph.D. in Pharmacology, Dr. Robert Sax believed it was crucial to find the best eye supplements for the patients at Ophthalmic Consultants of the Capital Region. After extensive research, he chose Nutriceuticals® (PRN) portfolio of Eye Health products. Whether relieving dry eye symptoms or improving macular health, PRN’s products are designed to deliver a potent, pure, safe, and effective approach to improving eye health.
Relieving Dry Eye Symptoms
A solution for those suffering with dry, scratchy, red, or irritated eyes, Dry Eye Omega Benefits® is custom formulated with a high concentration of the anti-inflammatory omega-3, EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) in its natural triglyceride form, combined with vitamin D3 for additional comprehensive health benefits. This product offers an effective, safe, and natural way to address dry eye symptoms systemically rather than topically.
Eye Omega Advantage®
Carotenoids—lutein and zeaxanthin—help protect the macular region of the eye from harmful forms of light that can cause photoxidative damage to the eyes, which could result in macular degeneration. Eye Omega Advantage® is custom formulated with a synergistic blend of these critical eye nutrients with the highly beneficial omega-3 essential fatty acids, EPA and DHA, as well as Vitamin D3 for additional comprehensive health benefits. The combination of these nutrients helps in the transportation to and absorption of the lutein and zeaxanthin by the macula, supporting healthy vision and optimal eye health.
Macular Vitamin Benefit
PRN has scientifically formulated Macular Vitamin Benefit by incorporating the natural form of Vitamin E as well as B-complex vitamins (B6, B9, B12) shown in recent studies to reduce the risk of developing early stages of Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD).
(These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.)
nūretin®A specially formulated medical food to delay the onset and slow the progression of diabetic retinopathy.
Diabetic Retinopathy is a serious health concern for people with diabetes that can lead to compromised sight and blindness. Reducing the risk, or slowing it down, maybe possible.
- All people with diabetes are at risk for Diabetic Retinopathy. nūretin addresses the eye health needs of people with diabetes at risk for diabetic retinopathy providing beneficial Omega-3s specifically DHA needed to support vision.
- nūretin has the most absorbable form of EPA and DHA available.2 As many as three out of four people with diabetes have a limited ability to absorb Omega-3s EPA and DHA.3
- Omega-3s, specifically DHA, are essential to retinal health. Multiple clinical studies have shown that Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) may delay the onset and slow the progression of Diabetic Retinopathy in patients with diabetes. DHA cannot be made or stored by the body, you can only get DHA from a food source or by supplementation.
- What is a ‘Medical Food’? A medical food is a food that has been specifically formulated for the dietary management of a disease including distinctive nutritional needs that cannot be met by normal diet alone.
- Physician supervision required. nūretin is a medical food product and must be used under physician supervision.
Call us to schedule an appointment with one of our specialists, ophthalmologists, or optometrists or let us know if you would like to order eye vitamins. It’s important to take care of your vision.
Get in touch with us today at our nearest location to you.