To perform all job functions in a courteous and professional manner consistent with the mission and goals of Albany Troy Cataract & Laser Associates, PLLC. Primarily responsible for providing excellent customer service to all patients by utilizing an in-depth knowledge of the organization’s policies and procedures.
High school diploma or GED with a minimum of one year experience in a customer service setting. Position requires excellent verbal communication skills, multi-tasking capabilities and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical. Prior healthcare experience a plus.
- Follow all current and future policies and procedures of the department.
- Greet patients, add/verify patient demographics, obtain insurance information and scan all payer insurance cards. Ensure patients have any applicable referrals.
- Review all doctors’ schedules daily to determine availability and strategic placement of triage patients.
- Provide efficient and professional telephone services; answer telephones, make/cancel/reschedule appointments.
- Accurately schedule/re-schedule appointments.
- Accurately take messages or triage to the appropriate staff according to established protocols.
- Coordinate necessary activities with Medical Records.
- Document the “notes” section of the patient account regarding any pertinent information.
- Copying, filing and scanning as necessary.
- Secure all daily money and provider prescription pads in the office safe each evening.
- Place daily work and patient charts in the assigned secure location upon leaving.
- Ability to travel to all office locations as needed for receptionist coverage, meetings and management issues.
- Ensure superbills are collected and accurately completed.
- Ensure accuracy of daily collection and balance all financials to the appropriate reports.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Maintain forms and office supplies required for front desk activities.
- Assure the readiness of the reception area for each working day; open/close the office at the designated time and have all front desk activities fully operational at the start of business hours.
- Maintain practice and patient confidentiality at all times.
- Exhibit professional demeanor at all times while representing the practice.
- Maintain a professional level and volume of communication.
- Participate in staff and educational meetings and training.
- Obtain HIPAA/OSHA certification upon hire and each year at a specified time and at the expense of the practice.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Most of the on-the-job time is spent walking, sitting, using hands to handle, reaching with hands and arms, talking and hearing. Less than one-third of the time is spent stooping or crouching.
- Sometimes this job may require weight to be lifted; under one-third of the on-the-job lifting is up to 50 pounds.
- The job requires the following types of special vision: close, distance, peripheral and depth.
- Typical noise level for the work environment of this job is moderate (i.e. business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
- Work in an office environment and sustain posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time.
- The practice has not determined this position to be at risk for blood borne pathogens as described by O.S.H.A. regulations of 1992.
This job description is intended only to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It is not intended nor should it be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities. When driving for company business, maintenance of a valid New York Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record is required.